At Kicking off their Consumer Electronics Show in style, Steelseries have today announced the Apex and Apex [RAW], two new Gaming Keyboards.
“We’re introducing a range of new gaming functionality with the Apex keyboards, including the new SteelSeries ActiveZone which allows for easier and faster access to advanced customization and features than ever before, ” said Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO. “The SteelSeries Apex and Apex [RAW] have been designed to enable users to react quickly, move strategically, and adapt how these keyboards perform for every game.”
The new keyboards come fitted with a plethora of functions and features which will be further detailed below from their issued press statement, and will be available to consumers Q2 2013.
- Raised macro keys along the top and left side, which provide faster and more precise macro combinations.
- The addition of two small tactile bumps on the W-key to provide a faster return to WASD.
- Superior anti-ghosting that supports simultaneous key presses in 20 of the most used gaming keys on the Apex and Apex [RAW}.
- An enlarged space bar and added directional keys are supporting features that improve comfort and reaction time.
- The SteelSeries key easily adjusts brightness and disables the windows key with no software required.
- Equipped with two swappable feet, the user can adjust the keyboards angle to what is most comfortable.
The Apex Keyboard - $99.99/€99.99 MSRP: The SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard goes beyond just choosing from 16.8 million colors, it features SteelSeries ActiveZone illumination, a visual support tool that allows the user to independently customize colors, up to 8 levels of illumination intensity in each of its 5 zones with up to 4 different, customizable layers per zone. With the ability to program every key including the 22-macro keys along the top and left side of the keyboard and up to 4 layers per key, users of the Apex now have 504 more ways to win. The Apex also features Independent media and volume keys provide instant access to media control.
The Apex [RAW] Keyboard – $69.99/€69.99 MSRP: Defined as the “essentials” keyboard, the SteelSeries Apex [RAW] brings users advanced, but not complex technology in an optimized design at an aggressive price point. The Apex [RAW] features brilliant white illumination with 8 levels of intensity. Users can also program every key on the Apex [RAW] including its 17 raised macro keys along the top and left side of the keyboard and up to 2 layers per key, to a total of 250 programmable keys on the board.
182 total views, 1 views today